If you’re opening up a new retail store or hoping to retain and gain business for your existing retail store, having a great website design is key. With more and more consumers searching for stores online and even making purchases online, if you’re a retailer and you don’t have a website you could be sabotaging your business.
Retail website design is unique and multifaceted, making it hard to build a DIY site. If you’re looking to build a new retail website or update your old one, make sure to find a website designer who has experience in retail website design. You also need to make sure your site includes certain key aspects.
Retail Website Design Key Aspects-
1. Use filters and search functions on your site. The easiest way for a consumer to find a particular product on your site is by using filters and search functions. Make your site consumer friendly and easy to use to score more sales.
2. Make use of quick links. Know your popular products and categories and provide quick links to them. Providing quick links to your most popular products can keep your customers from getting frustrated and moving on to a different retailer.
3. Have an easy to use shopping cart. Typically your shopping cart should be located on the right side of your site and should be user friendly. Once your customers have products in their cart, you don’t want to lose them due to a bad checkout experience!
4. Keep your site simple. Including things like flash can make your page difficult to navigate or use on some mobile devices and tablets. Most internet usage is now mobile, and isolating your mobile customers could have a severely negative impact on your sales.
5. Offer a guest checkout option. Forcing a customer to create an account before being able to purchase products from your website could lose you some sales. Many consumers don’t want to create an account before being able to purchase products.
6. Keep it simple. Make it as easy as possible for your customers to purchase your products. Keep your website simple, easy to navigate, and keep options and steps to a minimum.
Retail website design is unique and is incredibly important to the success of your business! If you own a retail store and need a brand new website or need your old site refreshed, call us today at (770) 570-7839 and ask for Mike!
Mike Robertson is the CEO of Underdog Marketing Solutions. He specializes in internet marketing, including SEO and website design. He enjoys time with his family and helping his clients grow their businesses through internet marketing!
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.