Small Business Website Design – The internet is quickly becoming the preferred method of shopping and doing product research for many consumers. Not only has the internet nearly replaced paper copies of the white pages and the yellow pages, but its also giving traditional retail stores a run for their money.
Many consumers now prefer to shop online or browse a company’s website thoroughly before going to their brick and mortar store. The internet is also beginning to replace traditional networking events. If your company is B2B, you can’t rely on face to face networking alone anymore.
If you own a small business and you don’t have a website or you have an outdated, poorly functioning website, you could be losing out on unlimited money and opportunities. Small business website design is becoming increasingly important as the importance of the internet in consumerism grows.
Here are some great ideas to keep in mind when considering small business website design.
1. Domain name. Choosing a domain name is much more important than it may seem. Choose something that’s short, easy to remember, but also conveys the name or purpose of your business.
2. Purpose. Make sure the purpose of your website is clear. Are you a retailer looking to sell your products? Are you offering services that need to be explained? Before beginning your small business website design plan make sure you know what you’re trying to accomplish with your site.
3. Content. Having good, informative, relevant content is key to having a good site that will rank well with search engines. Doing some keyword research and hiring an SEO expert can go a long way in increasing your sales.
4. Navigation. Make sure your small business website design is easily navigable by even the most novice of internet users! A hard to use website that is not navigable on a variety of browsers and platforms can immediately turn your visitors off.
5. Security. Security is becoming increasingly tenuous and important as more and more people across the globe are gaining access to the internet. Even if you aren’t processing payments on your website, a hack could still be devastating to your business.
These are some great things to keep in mind when thinking about your small business website design. For a free consultation today call Mike at (770) 570-7839!
Mike Robertson is the CEO of Underdog Marketing Solutions. He specializes in internet marketing, including SEO and website design. He enjoys time with his family and helping his clients grow their businesses through internet marketing!
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.