I think we can all safely agree that the internet is here to stay, although 20 years ago many of us would have called it a fad! The internet is everywhere- on our laptops, tablets, phones, and even our tv’s.
Internet marketing is quickly becoming the coolest, best, and most effective way to advertise and grow your business.
You may have had your website for years now, and simply having a website at all is the first step to growing your business online. However, website design is constantly evolving and competition on the web is growing quickly.
If you’ve had your website design for more than a year without making significant changes and updates, it may be time to update your website design!
Here are some key points you should consider when updating your website design-
1. Make sure you have a clear direction and marketing plan for your company. If you’ve got a clear vision, you’ll be able to utilize your website to help achieve your goals.
2. Know your audience. Website design is incredibly versatile, and your website should be designed with your target audience in mind. If your target audience consists of 20 year old females, your website design will be vastly different than if your target audience is 60 year old men.
3. Set up Google Analytics on your site. Google Analytics can help you determine whether or not your website design is achieving what you need it to achieve for your company. If you’re not familiar with Google Analytics, it may be a good idea to find an expert who can help you.
4. Create a content marketing strategy and review the content on your website. You may have a functionally perfect website design that grabs visitors at first glance, but your content is what will sell your products and services.
5. Have a maintenance plan for your site. Creating a great website design is only the first step in having a great site. If you don’t check back on your site often to maintain it, you could face serious security issues and your site could quickly become outdated.
The world of website design can be intimidating and should be left to the experts! For help creating a dynamic website design for your business that will drive new sales and retain existing clients, turn to the local website design experts at Underdog Marketing Solutions. Call (770) 570-7839 today and talk to Mike about updating your website design!
Mike Robertson is the CEO of Underdog Marketing Solutions. He specializes in internet marketing, including SEO and website design. He enjoys time with his family and helping his clients grow their businesses through internet marketing!
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.